THEATRE TICKETS PURCHASE
A huge amount of work by the cast, crew and organisers goes into a theatre performance or presentation. Please respect their work by abiding by some simple theatre etiquette and consideration for the performers and other members of the audience.
Here are some tips for theatre goers on theatre etiquette:
- Get here on time. Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes early – you can always enjoy a drink in the bar before the show as our bar serice is open 1 hour prior to show commencement. If you are late, it is possible that you could be “locked out” until the first interval, due to the opening of doors and movement distracting the performers.
- It’s always a good idea to visit the restroom before the performance begins as it isn’t always easy to leave during a show.
- If you must leave during a performance, wait for an appropriate break in the show or for the intermission.
- Pay attention to any announcements made before the performance concerning the rules of the theatre and the location of exits etc.
- Cell phones should be switched off as soon as you enter the auditorium.
- Be considerate to those around you. Refrain from talking during the performance and be conscious of noise created by sweet wrappers and bags. Our theatre acoustics pick up sound clearly, so if necessary time your noise for during applause or loud musical numbers.
- Refrain from taking pictures during the performance. Not only is this distracting for performers, it also contravenes the intellectual property of the show producers.
- Keep your feet on the floor – not on the seat or balcony in front of you.
Enjoy the show!