TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The Napier Municipal Theatre aims to make all visitors welcome and ensure they enjoy the wide variety of events that we host. In order to maximise the enjoyment of our venue we ask all patrons to respect the following Conditions of Entry that have been designed to provide a safe and enjoyable venue experience for all.
Patron & Bag Searches
- All patrons and their possessions may be subject to searches before entering the Theatre.
- Searches may also be carried out during an event and when leaving the Theatre.
- Patrons who refuse to participate in searches may be denied entry to the Theatre or asked to leave the Theatre.
- All patrons entering the Theatre must be appropriately dressed. For your own safety and the enjoyment of everyone, please comply with the following:
- Clothing must conform to reasonable standards of decency.
- No clothing or signs displaying offensive messages.
- No Gang Patches.
- No high visibility type vests or jackets that may be confused with security staff.
Patrons may be refused entry to the Theatre if security officers consider in their absolute discretion that:
- Appear intoxicated/under the influence of drugs or exhibit disorderly behaviour.
- Fail to comply with security staff requests.
- Attempt to bring in prohibited items.
- Have been previously issued with a trespass notice that still applies.
- Are not authorised to be in the Theatre, for example have no valid entry ticket or accreditation pass.
Patrons will be asked to leave the Theatre if they:
- Use obscene language.
- Are verbally or physically abusive, or behave in a disorderly or offensive manner.
- Are intoxicated.
- Are carrying out unauthorized activities within the Theatre.
- Fail to comply with these policies.
Patrons may not bring into the Theatre:
- Thermos flasks.
- Glass bottles.
- Chilly bins, picnic baskets or large bags.
- Illicit Drugs.
- Sound amplifiers including loudhailers.
- Recording devices for commercial purposes.
- Dogs or other pets (guide dogs are permitted).
- Flares, fireworks, laser pointers.
- Knives or other dangerous weapons.
- Skateboards, roller blades, scooters or bicycles.
- Chairs of any kind.
- Signs or banners that are obscene, offensive or abusive.
- Flag poles of more than one meter in length.
- Any other item that Theatre Management determines may cause injury or public nuisance or inconvenience to any other person.
- There is no smoking in the Theatre.
- Smoking is allowed only in designated areas.
- Patrons must not sit or stand in aisles, or block entry doors or emergency exits.
- Cameras, videos, tape recorders and other recording devices may be prohibited for certain events.
- Patrons bring personal items into the Theatre at their own risk. The venue will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patron's personal property.
- Advertising promotions and product giveaways etc are not permitted on the Theatre property, unless expressly authorized by the Theatre Management in writing. Any unauthorized product giveaways will be confiscated.
- No alcohol is to be removed from the Theatre.
- Children under the age of 14 must be supervised by an accompanying adult.